Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Are You My Mommy??

    After finishing my blog post last night the combination of a nap and late night ice cream kept me up for quite a while. Which made me rather grumpy in the morning, especially because we had a morning class. When one is a night owl this is not a pleasant mix. There is a solution to this problem called iced Milo (or ovaltine). Best pick me up in the morning out there in my opinion.
    Interesting Thai language fact: the word for tea kettle and crow are the same. Just one of the things we learned today. In a discussion with our teacher during break I told where the best bathrooms in the mall are. And that the butt hose, as we have been calling it, is the correct term because that is the literal translation of it's name into English. 
    Left school early today. Had plans to photograph temples and get a massage before Tai Chi. Ended up trying to get a slushie only to be denied by some older ladies and it threw off my groove. Arrived at Tai Chi early enough today to participate in their warm ups. Basically, stretching with a stick. Felt like Gandalf waving my staff around. After Tai Chi Barbara and I were whisked away by Ajan Pink to a market on campus where she proceeded to buy us lots and lots of food. She started off with three different Thai desserts (all with a heavy coating of coconut) then she bought me two different types of chicken. When Barbara tried to pay for her fried vegetables Pink's argument was "No, you are my sister and she is my daughter. I will pay for you." She then drove us back to our guest house- which is the opposite direction of her house and the route has heavy traffic but she wouldn't let us out of her car. She should be in every home in every country. 
    Ate dinner with the Drexler's who told stories about living in Chiang Mai and also helped me out with Thai pronunciation. Example: b and P both make the B sound but P is a more stressed B than b is. This doesn't matter much with spoken Thai but you better not make this mistake in written Thai. 
    After Donna came back I finally went out for a massage. The place I wanted to go to was closed already so I found another one that was open till midnight. Sadly, it was 200 baat wasted. I am no expert in massages but neither was he. In fact, I think my back is slightly worse than before. Guess this means I will have to get another massage before we leave for Vietnam. Woe is me. 
Me clinging for dear life on the rope swing in Laos. Had so much vertigo before jumping off that branch, I wish someone had just come up from behind and pushed me off. 

Lizard Count: 20           

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, I am