Thursday, March 7, 2013

Short but Sweet

    Those precious mornings when you get to sleep in should never be wasted. That's my philosophy and I stick to it. Leisurely rose from bed and sat down to a talk about Alessa's fantasy book series. Not exactly the morning conversation to make someone greet the day with a smile. More like pretend you're not there and wish you had some ear plugs. The only phrase I heard was her say "Your wizard is wobbly" which is one of the silliest things I've ever heard someone say. 
    Nothing exciting happened during class today. Learned more Thai consonants, realized it was our second to last day of writing class. And our second to last day in Thailand. So panic mode has started setting in. Our songthaew driver loves to take turns at high speeds so some of us have started grabbing the handles on the ceiling and swinging around when he does it. To defend himself, Drexler grabbed the broom and started trying to whack us with it. He can be such a grumpy old man sometimes. 
    Went to my final day of Tai Chi for this stay in Thailand. Usually it's very relaxed but today we did extreme Tai Chi. I was really sore afterwards. The Thai woman who yesterday decided I was her child tried to give me some anti-itch cream because the stuff I have is rather ineffective. The rub is orange colored so on one side of left leg which is bitten up and down it looks like I have some skin disease because of all the anti-itch rub on it. Found out during Tai Chi that the guy who gave me the massage yesterday messed up my shoulders as well. For some reason I don't think I'll be going there again. 
    Convinced Donna to grab food with me after everyone returned from the Burmese school. I have really missed chicken fried rice. But I have realized I have so much food in the fridge that I will be eating in again tomorrow. Plus I need to finish off the apple wine. And start packing. Studying for our writing final wouldn't hurt either. So much to do before we leave for Vietnam, so little time. 
Sorry today's post is so short. Some days just aren't as interesting as others, even when you are in Thailand.

Lizard Count: 22            They are just loving this room nowadays.  

No comments: