Sunday, March 3, 2013

Partying in Small Doses

    So our spoken Thai finals and the after finals partying is done. Maybe I should not try to update every day but every other day and maybe I'll get some posts up on time. Interesting note: The doctor gave me three different pills. One is an anti-biotic, one is a pain reliever, and the last one is anti-flatulence. That's what it says on my baggie they're in. They look like little sandwiches and taste like cinnamon.

  • Thursday
    • We arrived at school for lunch but since I had already eaten I decided to get some sugary Pepto Bismal instead. When I went to the doctor he told me not to have any dairy products for a week. The pink drink turned out to be strawberry milk so I grabbed some green tea instead. It was milk as well. 
    • In class we found out we had one night to: write and memorize a two minute script, prepare and memorize answers to an impromptu question, and write/memorize a five minute script. Our teacher thought we could write one script for everyone (Oh my good golly gosh no way in heaven or hell) but Drexler broke Niko, Karen, and I into a group. We wrote about Niko's and my visit to the doctor but the doctor giving us the wrong diagnosis. 
    • Went back and chilled for a bit. Barbara decided not to go to Tai Chi so I hung out around the, went out for food at one point. When everyone got back I convinced them to go eat roti with me. I needed to eat again for my medicine and roti sounded good. After the roti came I noticed there was something white in the chocolate and to my horror realized there was condensed milk in my roti. I ate it anyways. Regretted it later but it was worth it at the time.
  • Friday
    • The big day. Oh man. We gave our speeches then picked a topic. The last sentence in my speech was "I do not like to visit brothels" and I also said "I have ten fingers and ten foot fingers."
      • There were three topics and seven pieces of paper. Three said 'food and shopping', three said 'traveling in Thailand' and one was 'social issues in America.' Guess which one no one wanted.
      • I had been sick the day we learned about traveling and social issues. Luckily I picked food and shopping then rambled on until the teacher started asking me questions. Then it sort of went downhill.
      • Our skit was hilarious. We started doing 'head shoulders knees and toes' in the middle. The other skit was... awkward. Lilith was randomly sitting on the ground talking about absinthe and Deanna happily stormed out at the end.
    • We convinced Papa Duck to take us out afterwards to an ice cream parlor  They had garlic bread and french fries. Which I had. I missed french fries. 
    • Went out to dance later with the Winos. Wandered literally all over half the town to find someplace that was open. We ended up at a place close to the guesthouse where there was a live DJ. Then we got scared off by a guy making creepy faces at us. So we went to a reggae bar and jived for a little bit. Donna hated both places. 
  • Saturday
    • Slept in till 10. It was glorious. Then hung around the guest house for the rest of the morning. We had a book meeting scheduled for the afternoon which never happened. 
    • Instead the Winos went to a movie because they show movies in English with Thai subtitles here. Watched Jack the Giant Slayer. Forgot I was in Thailand even with the subtitles. They had us stand before the movie for the King's anthem. It was entertainment and a cultural experience.
    • The grocery store did not carry marshmallows. I am very sad and disappointed with them. 
    • Went back to the bar area with Deanna and Karen. Listened to some live music, ordered a Casanova which I will probably not do again, and enjoyed our only weekend off. 
      • Before we left I was grabbing a shirt out of my bag when Donna told me I had a jing jock on me. Thankfully it was a baby one. Naturally I started freaking out and needed Karen to get it off me. When we got back there was another one in the bathroom waiting for me. I feel war has begun between me and the jing jocks. 
Lizard Count: 17    

No comments: