Saturday, March 9, 2013

First Impressions

Two things have been proven wrong since the last post:

  1. We have Wifi in the rooms. And so far it's better than the one at the guest house.
  2. Facebook is not banned in Vietnam. 
    So I will be updating while in Vietnam but not tonight. I'm really hungry and upset right now so instead I'll do my first impressions of Vietnam.
  • Karaoke bars  are everywhere
  • The Vietnamese like light up signs, especially LED ones
  • There are a lot of lakes in this city
  • The drivers are crazy, we almost got hit by a bus on the way to the hotel
  • Vietnamese people are not used to foreigners 
  • Shops are organized into areas by the things they sell, like there's a whole street dedicated to shoes. And another one dedicated to cookies. 
    I don't think they have lizards here, especially since I'm on the fourth floor of our hotel. I will have to find another count to do. 

No comments: