Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A Boring Day

So since I got in at 11 PM, this post is going to be a little short but with a lot of pictures.

  • Awkward Breakfast
    • My morning started with Alessa and Niko telling me all I've ever wanted to know about abortion. Best breakfast conversation I have ever been forced to listen to. In fact, it was so great I told Drexler that I wanted to ride in a different songthaew to school. 
  • Thai class
    • Today was a review day which was great because we fail. But according to the teacher we are pretty good. I think he's trying to protect our feelings.
    • I  ordered pumpkin and orange again today. He really doesn't understand that at all. I also tried to buy a gold ring from him but both of us got so confused that he told me he would not sell it to me.
  • Bubble gum drink
    • Found this tasty pink drink at the cafeteria today. According to others who tried it it's like Pepto Bismal with sugar. It's so good but why does it have to be pink?!
  • My poor skirt
    • There are two choices for the school uniform: a pencil skirt and a flowy one. I have two pencil skirts. And now I am down to one. While going up the stairs today the back of my skirt ripped to just under the zipper. And the zipper isn't that far down on the skirt. 
  • Came back and went to bed
    • Napped from about two till five instead of doing my laundry or buying fruit to keep in the room. 
  • More school
    • Tried the Thai school again. It was about the same as last night. I might go again next week but it would be more fun to start doing yoga or tai chi. Or getting a camera and photographing some of the nearby temples. 
  • Night bazaar
    • After class Karen, Deanna, Donna, and I went to a night market. It was really far away. Not much really happened there.
Here's me with the elephant!! That's actually a baby.

First day of classes. It was graduation time then and the whole campus is decorated, which is why there is a random swing with decorations on it. 

Random night at the hawkers (I have no clue how to spell it) market with Donna.

Here's making bricks at the Buddhist camp. You had to pull the lever to smush the mixture into brick shape.  It kept getting harder and harder to pull the lever so that's when jumping on it had to be done.

Lizard count: 6

No comments: