Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Going to the Zoo

Double post day!! Again, sorry for not posting this on Sunday.

    We had a late class today so I woke up before seven. I hate going to bed early. The morning was spent hanging out in my room and in the dining room of the guesthouse. I acquired a mosquito bite (I hope that's what bit me) on my arm that looks like a house complete with a chimney and a cloud. I don't know where the guest house got their stash of mosquito repellent but I'm getting real tempted to steal it. I also have a strange bite on the palm of my hand. It's not a mosquito bite which begs the question: What other monstrosity has entered my bedroom??
    Went to school without Drexler and Barbara. Had some lunch then went to the classroom. Turns out Ajan Bubble Butt (the worst teacher we have)(yes, that is our nickname for him) screwed up again. So we had another flunk day. But the class is being made up Thursday morning. Shoot us please.
    Thankfully our driver was on campus so we did not have to pay for a songthaew on our own. So we piled in and came back. But the Winos are never still for long and we headed out to find this mythical zoo Karen and Deanna stumbled upon during one of their walks. We walked for about two or so hours searching for it. If you are good at understanding foreshadowing you have guessed we did not locate it.The walk was nice, we got to see more of the area where were are staying (it's filled with temples, schools, internet cafes, and restaurants) and the walk ended with a slushie.
    But this was no ordinary slushie. This slushies was cream soda flavored with bits of Thai jello (called pipo) in it. And it was lime green. I'm going back for more it was so good.
    After that the day gets rather boring. Eventually I will work up the nerve to go to a restaurant by myself but it almost seems taboo here because I've never seen someone eating alone at a restaurant. But for now I will content myself with random food I get from the 7/11.

Lizard Count: 9

No comments: