Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I Have a Dream!!


Sorry this is such a short post. Not much happened today and I had to spend some time memorizing answers for the mid-term tomorrow. I will know a whole bunch of random Thai when I come back. I feel there should be more since I just reached 500 views on the blog today. 
  • No Drexler
    • Papa Duck had left the previous night to fly to Bangkok and meet up with his wife. An excellent cover story for escaping us for a day. We got ourselves up and on the way to school and back in the afternoon. So not much of a change there. 
  • Mid-term scare
    • Our midterm is taking place tomorrow and it's different from what we thought it was going to be. We were told by Drexler we were going to the market and were going to haggle for fruit. Turns out we have to answer questions (about stuff we learned today) and possibly read a paragraph.
    • Another brain frying day. We had two classes again and at some point our brains reached full capacity. The nice thing was we had the great teachers today so at least we got what we were supposed to. I think we learned eighty or so vocab words today, but it's probably more. We have been studying Thai for three weeks and today we reached page 100 of the textbook. 
    • Our second teacher asked us what our dream jobs were one by one but skipped me. So I asked her why she did not want to know my dream. Originally I was going to say writer but Lilith wants to be a writer (today's creepy horse message was "Bring me all the people and I will make sure they are burning." Don't think I want to see anymore of her work) too so it got changed to dressmaker. I felt like getting up and singing "I Have a Dream" from Tangled
  • Post review session
    • Drexler and his wife Barbara arrived safely but she was wiped. Drexler went to the school tonight. When everyone returned we had a review session (except Niko and Lilith because her boyfriend broke up with her today. Most of us had to take a moment to go "You had a boyfriend??"). Everyday I am thankful Drexler is here to help us, because otherwise we'd be flopping around like fishes out of water.
    • Went on a bun run with Deanna. It's a good thing Karen didn't come because there were plenty of rats running about. On the way back I looked down to see a cockroach with extremely long antennae head up in a crack on the sidewalk right in front of me. It looked like it was swaying in the wind and jump scared me so much I walked around it instead of over it. 
"Found" something awesome to put here
Disco Buddha!!!
This is from the Burma trip, they put weird lights around there Buddha's over there. 

See that hose next to the toilet?? That's what Thai people use instead of toilet paper. At one point, after some people had tried it, we realized it may be used for something else, much to their embarrassment. But no, it's a butt hose. We even have a song parody set to "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" about it.
In the bathroom, the bug filled bathroom the butt hose leaks tonight
In the bathroom, the bug filled bathroom the butt hose leaks tonight
Use it-t-t-t-t-t-t a drip drip drip drip
Use it-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t a drip drip drip  

Lizard Count: 7

No comments: