Friday, February 8, 2013

Another Plot Twist

    Sorry to report another uneventful day, but there was a few fun parts. I feel this post could have been better but I'm being boring these past few days.
    Woke up at 8:06. I am now determined to buy a watch or something so I can wake up and not lay in bed for a while contemplating life. I have also asked Donna to make noise in the morning or turn on lights to help me get my butt out of bed. Had to send laundry to the guesthouse again. Forgot to put stuff in so some hand washing was done tonight. I think I'm getting the hang of it. Sort of.
    Because I'm no longer going to the English school, Drexler is 'recommending' I go to the university's yoga club. By recommend I mean force. I'm sure many people are going "Oh, that sounds fun." And you're right, it does, but I have to go with the other anti-social person on the trip: Lilith. I am hoping she decides not to do it or that I find something better to do but I really want to do an activity with different people my age. Actually meet people at the school.
    Had four hours of Thai lessons today. We were all completely brain dead by the end of it. And we can't remember most of the first lesson. Mainly because Ajan (title for a teacher in Thai, like Sensei in Japanese, only Ajan goes before the name) Sakorn does not get how to teach us. He thinks if we say it once we have it and can immediately start using the new fifteen words in complicated sentences. We actually learned about thirty words from his lesson and forty-plus in the next one. Plus grammer. The three cups of coffee today were really helpful until I started bouncing in my seat. That's when I cut myself off.
Warning: There is whining in the next paragraph
    More creepy messages from Lilith's talking horse doodle today. She told us that she gets all these from a tumblr account called Crazy Horse(?). I also don't think she gets what all of them mean, because the horse's first message today was "Pumpkin Jokes.PDF". Really confused on that one. She erased that and had the horse say "Becoming a bounty hunter is not easy but I am here." I can see these two coming from a tumblr account, though they make zero sense to me. She then drew a dog and gave it this dialogue "Timid little girls she never put fairies on the summer gathering place for the Nazi elite." I'm really getting freaked out by some of her messages and was very thankful when Ajan Pranut (our afternoon teacher today) erased them.  Another thing that is starting to become gross is Alessa. I'm not sure what she's not doing, but she smells really bad. Like, if you walk by her, not even in close proximity, you can tell. My theory is that she's not washing her clothes, because I'm noticing that there are stains on her shirts that are not changing in the slightest. Or she's not showering. And we're going on a six hour drive in a compact van tomorrow. I wish I had bought some duck tape. She likes to go on and on about subjects no one else cares about. And the worst part is that she knows we're not listening to her but she's used to doing this so it does not bother her. Meanwhile the rest of us are thinking "Shut up about *insert random Alessa topic here*. You're being really rude." Okay, I will not put you through anymore of this so on to more fun subjects.
    I have been trying to put off buying the third Hunger Games book so that I can wait until I get home to find out what happens. Alessa had bought a book of short stories by H. P. Lovecraft with her that I borrowed after Niko was done. After reading a few of his more famous stories (The Call of Cthulu, The Rats in the Walls, and The Picture in the House) I have put the book down and keep forgetting to return it.
    We have another exciting announcement!! We are going on a visa run this weekend to get another 30 days. But not quite. The government only gives 15 for land boarder crossing. When you fly over the boarder you get 30 days. So, in order to spend the correct amount of time in Thailand, we are going on two trips to Laos instead of one!! This means that the chances of going to the Thai cooking school is becoming slim.
    The rest of the day was uneventful. Had some alone time in the room today when everyone left for the English school. Went to my favorite restaurant with Donna and tried out a cream bun. It had a warm custard or pudding on the inside and was surprisingly sweet. Leaving for the Burmese boarder tomorrow. We're staying on a tea plantation over the weekend. I'm going to invest in a pair of flowy pants and lots of tea. Many people have recommended buying illegal Chinese DVDs while there. America shares a Blu-ray region with Thailand so if I bought one it would still work.
Since I'll be gone for the next few days there will be a super post on Sunday night (my time) after I go out for ice cream. Going to stop at a pie place tomorrow because according to Drexler the best pie in the world is there but it's located in the jungles of Northern Thailand.

Lizard Count: 7

No comments: