Friday, April 19, 2013

Evil Elephant Knick-Knack

    Decided to wander around by myself and had a bit of a scare. I was walking back to the pottery place to finally purchase a tea set. Tried to go down this alleyway but had a man yelling at me to get out and go away. It was just a regular alleyway but I decided to walk the long way around the moat instead. Made me rethink any future plans to live in Chiang Mai. Also made me want to come home for the first time this trip.
    The pottery place was gorgeous!! At first I thought they had some nice stuff, a big lawn. Then I started wandering around some more. It was huge and there were so many pieces of pottery. As for other sights there was a pond with a fountain and a little house-like structure that looked like a perfect place to drink tea in. After much debate I ended up with a tea pot, three matching cups, and two mugs. I had to say no to this adorable little elephant piece because he put me just over budget. It was a very sad and touching moment. Then I noticed if you made eye contact with him it was a bit creepy so I don't feel as bad anymore. 
    Went to the mall to enjoy a mango and sticky rice blizzard. Was not disappointed except they didn't put enough rice on it in my opinion. The ice cream had real mango in it which only added to the awesomeness of the treat. 
    Papa Duck was supposed to take us to an Italian restaurant but when we arrived they had shut it down permanently. A vote was taken on whether we would go to the other location the Italian restaurant had or to a Thai restaurant that Elizabeth Taylor had eaten at. The Elizabeth Taylor restaurant won. The funniest part of the meal was desert. A selection of gelato was laid out for our choosing and all of us got three scoops. It was so delicious I had trouble finishing but I did because wasting ice cream is a crime. 
    Tomorrow is our last full day in Chiang Mai and I want to be up bright and early so I can have time to lay around in bed and possibly nap before facing the day. Today was the first day since coming back to Chiang Mai that I did not have a slushie. I am rather sad about both of those points. I was trying to find a Mad Hatter quote about tea time for the title but I found this quote instead:
“The Mad Hatter: "Would you like some wine?" 
Alice: "Yes..." 
The Mad Hatter: "We haven't any and you're too young.” 

No comments: