Thursday, April 18, 2013

Moving Day

    Today was a rather rough day. I had decided to move in with Niko yesterday and fulfilled it today. This lead to an awkward moment when Donna became aware of it. It felt a bit like a break up, with me packing up all my belongings and leaving. So far I am enjoying living with Niko. It's been less than 12 hours, but it's been a nice... 10 hours. He's happy to have a roommate at last since he lucked into a single his freshman year. The bathroom in this room has ants so we have to keep the door closed at night to prevent them from coming into the room. We also had a visit from a bamboo worm this evening. I was very sad because I thought it was a caterpillar. 
    Spent most of the day packing and unpacking. I moved everything in one trip. Freaked out that I may have forgotten something a couple times but they were false alarms. Actually sat and looked at the souvenirs I have bought so far, for both me and others. Some are definitely cool while others I had a "Why in the world did I buy this??" moment. 
    Had a massage tonight. I'm going to recommend that place to next years Asia term. Maybe I have turned into a massage connoisseur but there are different qualities. This place knows what they are doing. And they remember me even though I hadn't been there in over a month. The complementary tea they give after a treatment is very nice as well. 
    Hopefully life here will get interesting soon so the posts will get longer. They will, I am determined to finish my list of things to do by the time we leave. 

No comments: