Sunday, April 28, 2013

This is the Car Ride That Never Ends, It Just Goes On and On

    Sorry this didn't get up last night, the internet here is tricky like that.
    Before it was time to go, Karen, Deanna and I scurried around for some last minute  sea shell finding. Well, they did. I had a more advanced search going on. Sea glass. Lots and lots of sea glass. The good thing is I now have lots and lots of sea glass and no idea what I am going to do with it.
     Leaving the island was a happy moment. We finally can afford to buy our own food again!! And when we go outside we don't have to wait fifteen minutes for the sunscreen to take full effect!!
     The drive back is supposed to take two hours. Tonight traffic was so bad going in and out it took four and a half hours. So I talked to Drexler for a while about Buddhism and the different types, Thai marriages, how Thai culture views gay people. It took up a long time which helped with the boredom. It took over an hour once we entered Bangkok city limits to actually reach our guest house. (Yes, the traffic here is that terrible. Minnesota, thank you for not doing toll booths.) I believe we all would have just rather walked there rather than keep riding around like we were. Drexler was supposed to go to the air port to deal with Lilith's suitcase (because she refuses to do anything except ask him when he's getting it back for her) tonight but had to post-pone it till tomorrow. Which means we aren't going on that field trip till Sunday. Bit of a nail biter right there since we have to be at the airport by 3 in the morning and if anything goes wrong on Sunday there's no time to do anything about it.
     Wandered around with Karen and Deanna for a while. Needed to walk a bit after that car ride today. Found ourselves in the sex district of Bangkok. Never ever stepping foot near there again. It was so cleverly disguised by the shops but we probably should have noticed the red lighting everywhere. Nothing happened, just some experiences you don't want a repeat of.
     Had a rather stupid idea tonight. My underarm fungus is refusing to die or notice I'm using medication so I bought some vinegar. After some research I found that vinegar is an effective killer of fungus so I was all for trying it. Here's where the dumb part comes in: I didn't dilute it before applying. I thought the stuff was going to leave third degree burns before it started calming down.
Here's just a few shots of the beach we stayed on.
At sunrise. Yeah, I got up that early. By accident. 

The place to find sea glass

The colors of the water

The boat that brought us there and took us away

The part we didn't explore

It looked bigger in the movies 

No comments: