Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Thailand Beware, We Are Back!

    To start off this post, OH MY GOD I HAVE MISSED CHIANG MAI SO MUCH!! Now for the rest of the day.
    Which started at 6:00 am. Technically at 6:35 because that's when I removed myself from bed. Our flight left at 10:05 and traffic is supposedly bad in the mornings so we had to leave by 7:15. We arrived at the airport at 7:40. Chilled around the airport till our flight boarded and I was stuck next to Lilith for the next few flights. All the time in between was spent doing routine air port stuff such as figuring out our gate, Niko and I discussing our hair, and Drexler talking to us about his life.
    The best part if the day was arriving in Chiang Mai. Even though most of us barely remember any Thai it's still great to be back somewhere where we can pretend to know the language. I got put in charge of a taxi with Deanna and Lilith in it. The trunk wouldn't close on our suitcases so the driver strapped it down. It was a rather scary sight.
    Then we were home again. All of us are in our old rooms (except for Drexler) and it's fantastic. The day became even better with the first slushie. Notice I said first. But the best past was walking into the bathroom and finding a jing-jock in there.
    No one was out for the book meeting so we the Winos had green curry for dinner. There they told me I have been eating blood that I thought was dark colored tofu. Lovely. They think it's made out of pig's blood.
    I'm sick again and I have to work on some stuff tonight so there was today. Karen is reconquering her fear of rats while she is here and all of us have a shopping list. Only nine days left.
Lizard Count: 3        

No comments: