Saturday, April 20, 2013

I Really Need to Lay Off the Shopping

    Finally had some more sticky rice and mango. It was so good, the only problem was this little boy who was related to the owner. I felt bad for him because his older sister was whacking him with a water bottle. Then he started kicking me under the table. Before yall are like "maybe it was by accident" he was doing it with a giant grin on his face while making eye contact with me. Kind of stopped the warm feelings cold in their tracks. Devil child. 
    Started packing today. Keyword started. I really should be ditching more clothes than I am, but I cannot bring myself to. Even some of the clothes I have put in the 'staying here' bag are crying for me to take them with me. I feel like such a terrible person but the needs of the souvenirs/gifts outweigh the needs of the jeans.
    Because I didn't have enough of a challenge already I asked Alessa with me to the night bazaar. It was pretty fun, picked up a couple items I have been meaning to get for a while. Along with a few more gifts for those back home who weren't cool enough to come to Asia. Alessa and I just hung out for a few hours, talked about a lot of things. Maybe not the typical girl subjects since it was video games. But that can be a girly topic. We rode in a songthaew there, and they over charged us, 
    Found out the reason I had not seen Deanna all day was because she was spending a majority of it in the hospital. She's fine now but one of the nurses asked if she was there for mosquito bites. Also, people have been telling me of sightings in the guesthouse before but tonight I saw my first rat within the walls of Karen's sanctuary. I'm ready to come home now where maybe my cats would get off their lazy butts long enough to catch a mouse or two. One of the things I look forward to and dread is everyone around me speaking English and understanding what I'm saying. The bad part of this is now I actually have to watch what I say again. This is a problem most of here are starting to worry about. 

No comments: